At Commercial Safety College, we offer a unique perspective on training people to use heavy equipment.
We teach our heavy equipment operator program in separated modules. What this means is that our 12 week Heavy Equipment Operator program includes complete courses in Excavator, Loader, Backhoe, and Dozer.
Our program is taught in a working aggregate facility which allows us to simulate a true working environment.
Upcoming 2018 Start Dates for Heavy Equipment Operator: April 23, May 14, May 28, June 25
Our Heavy Equipment Operator program includes all four pieces of equipment:
- Excavator Operator (4 weeks – 160 hrs)
- Dozer Operator (3 weeks – 120 hrs)
- Backhoe Operator (3 weeks – 120 hrs)
- Loader Operator (2 weeks – 80 hrs)
Our program is taught with a focus on “hands on” learning. The program includes:
- Pre-Operating Inspection Procedures
- Mechanical Classes
- Environmental Concerns
- Float Loading & Load Security
- Use of Controls & Operation
- Pass/Provide a Nova Scotia Medical
- Be Physically Able to Operate Equipment
- Minimum Grade 8 Education
- Be 18 Years of Age
- A Class 5 License is recommended, but not essential
Upon successful completion of the full 12 week program, students receive certification as an entry level operator (480 hours).
Program Cost: $15,000.00
2018 Course Information Book and Application Form
Download the 2018 bursary application form here!
For more information, or to register – please contact us by phone at 1.800.667.5455. or by email at email@example.com