At Commercial Safety College, we offer a unique perspective on training people to use heavy equipment. We teach our heavy equipment program in separated modules.
What this means, is that we teach complete courses in Excavator, Loader, Backhoe, and Dozer.
This gives students the freedom to create the program that fits their goals, whether that is a single piece of equipment, or the complete Heavy Equipment Operator Program.
Each of our Heavy Equipment Courses include:
- Pre-Operating Inspection Procedures
- Mechanical Classes
- Environmental Concerns
- Float Loading & Load Security
- Use of Controls & Operation – Specific to Each Piece of Equipment
- Practical Skills and Exercises – Specific to Each Piece of Equipment
- Pass/Provide a Nova Scotia Medical
- Be Physically Able to Operate Equipment
- Minimum Grade 8 Education
- A Class 5 License is recommended, but not essential
- Be able to meet minimum requirements for hearing, vision, reaction time
Download our 2023 Course Information Book and Application Form