Operating a forklift carries significant responsibility. At Commercial Safety College, our Forklift Operator program teaches all of the skills necessary to be a safe, responsible, and efficient operator. Whether you currently work in a warehousing environment or wish to pursue this type of career, Commercial Safety College is the first step to achieving your goal.
Course Length: Three (3) days – approx. 25 hours
- Safe Operating Procedures (theory and practical)
- Pre-Operating Inspection (theory and practical)
- Use of All Controls (practical)
- Maneuvering Skills (practical)
- Warehousing Procedures (theory and practical)
- Propane Tank Changes (theory and practical)
- Basic Hydraulics (theory)
- Preventative Maintenance (theory)
Note: This is a “hands-on” based course with the majority of time being spent in a warehouse type environment.
- CSA approved hard hat
- Steel toed boots/shoes
Certification: Successful students will receive a wallet card proving competency as an operator.
Note: It is recommended that operators be re-certified every three (3) years.
Program Cost: $390.00 + HST
Upcoming Program Dates:
- Please call for upcoming program start dates!
Looking to be re-certified as an operator?
We offer a one (1) day re-certification program at our site in Masstown for the general public.
This program starts with a review of safe operating and pre-operating inspection procedures.
Following a written test, each candidate is then evaluated on our forklift for operator competency.
If successful, the candidate will receive competency certification.
The cost of this program is $130.00 + HST. Please call for availability.