At Commercial Safety College, we offer a unique perspective on training people to use heavy equipment. We teach our heavy equipment program in separated modules. What this means, is that we teach complete course in Excavator, Loader, Backhoe, and Dozer. This gives students the freedom to create the program that fits their goals, whether that is a single piece of equipment, or all four!
All of our Heavy Equipment Courses include:
- Pre-Operating Inspection Procedures
- Mechanical Classes
- Environmental Concerns
- Float Loading & Load Security
- Use of Controls & Operation
- Pass/Provide a Nova Scotia Medical
- Be Physically Able to Operate Equipment
- Minimum Grade 8 Education
- Be 18 Years of Age
- A Class 5 License is recommended, but not essential
- Be Capable of Passing a Psychophysical Test (Hearing, Vision, Reaction Time)
Upon successful completion of each module of our Heavy Equipment Training Program, students will receive Entry Level Operator certification.