Developing the Next Generation of Road Builders in Nova Scotia
A Project Supported through the Canada-Nova Scotia Workforce Development Agreement
Program Start Date: May 3, 2021
Application Due Date: April 20, 2021 – 5:00 PM
Download the Course Overview & Application Form!
Road Building Labourer Program
(pending approval by the Department of Labour and Advanced Education)
- Nine weeks of full time training to prepare for a new career in the Road Building Industry
- Program includes Backhoe Operator training, as well as Skid Steer, Mini-Excavator, Truck with Trailer, and Compact Roller familiarization
- An introduction and overview of the Road Building Industry and the many opportunities it has in Nova Scotia
- Safety courses including: Emergency First Aid, Fall Protection, Confined Space Awareness, WHMIS, Traffic Control, Professional Driver Improvement Course
- Introductions to materials used in the Road Building Industry such as: Asphalt, Concrete, and Aggregate
- This program is at no cost to the candidate, with a travel allowance available
All candidates that successfully complete the Road Building Labourer Program will be offered a full time position with a Nova Scotia Road Builders Association member.
Questions? Contact us at 1.800.667.5455 or firstname.lastname@example.org